Designs for Health LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C LIQUID 175ML
May help to support and maintain healthy immune system function.
What are liposomes?
Liposomes are spheres made of phospholipids—the primary building blocks of cell membranes. Owing to this structure, liposomes bond easily with cell membranes to facilitate intracellular delivery of their nutrient cargo. Thanks to this enhanced delivery and absorption, nutrients delivered in liposomal form at lower doses may have equal or greater efficacy than higher doses provided in forms that are less bioavailable.
Liposomal particles: increased oral & cellular uptake, faster transmucosal absorption
Designs for Health’s liposomal products employ liposome particles that are 50-100nm in size, in contrast to 200-600nm particles that are more commonly available from other manufacturers. The smaller sized particles result in increased oral and cellular uptake and faster transmucosal absorption in the mouth, in addition to enhanced absorption throughout the rest of the gastrointestinal tract. In fact, it is recommended to hold the product in the mouth for several seconds before swallowing to take advantage of this effective route of absorption. Additionally, clearance of these particles from the bloodstream (via the liver and spleen) is inversely related to size: the smallest particles circulate the longest. Note that the phospholipids used in DFH’s new liposomal products are derived from sunflower lecithin (non-soy, non-GMO material).
Why liposomal formulations?
- Superior absorption and intracellular delivery of nutrients
- Phospholipid structure allows for effective delivery of compounds with different solubilities carried within the same particle (e.g., water- and fat-soluble compounds)
- Liposomes penetrate the blood-brain barrier, an obstacle for other various formulations
- While there is an opportunity for quick absorption in the mouth, liposomes also survive the acidic environment of the stomach, ensuring intestinal uptake and delivery to the lymphatic system
- Liquid liposomal formulations are convenient for those who prefer to swallow fewer pills; also allow for easy dosing
- Increased bioavailability may mean a lower dose is needed, potentially translating into reduced costs for patients
Designs for Health's Liposomal Vitamin C provides this key foundational nutrient formulated with liposomal technology for optimal absorption and bioavailability.
Each 5 ml serve provides 1000mg sodium ascorbate, with sodium facilitating the absorption of Vitamin C via the sodium-dependent transporters.
Vitamin C is a key nutrient for immune system, adrenal function, collagen formation, skin and cardiovascular health. Vitamin C also offers antioxidant support via its ability to recycle vitamin E and glutathione
Take 1 teaspoon(5ml) daily or as directed by your health care professional.
Hold the liquid in your mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing to allow for uptake into the buccal tissue of the mouth. Take on an empty stomach.
Each 5ml serve contains 1.275g sodium ascorbate equivalent to 1gm Vitamin C.
Does not cotain:
Gluten, dairy, lactose, seeds or nuts