Hi dear friends,
In this issue:
- Gums and Teeth.
- Product highlights from the Website - www.maximumwellbeing.com
- Health snippets - from around the world.
- March Deals.
According to my calendar and Facebook, today is the first day of Autumn! Well, whatever the powers that be say, its still Summer in my books - and long may it remain that way too!
How can I "save" my gums?
Gums and teeth are the primary interface between what we eat and ultimately what we get out of our food. Our gums are a sensitive type of tissue that keep our teeth in place and many suffer with the issue of receding gums - simply a loss of that tissue that holds those all important teeth in place.
Receding gums is a common problem and often is happening without the "owner" being fully aware of the process, a slow process that can go on unchecked for long periods of time. Obviously to change something happening we first have to acknowledge that there is a problem. So how can you identify if you have receding gums?
Signs and Symptoms:
- Tooth pain or sensitivity
- Your teeth may appear larger than they used to
- Recurrent bacterial infections
- Loose teeth
- Bleeding after brushing or flossing
- Halitosis(bad breath)
If you experience any of these then it is likely you have a degree of receding gums, the problem is caused through a number of mechanisms and they may include:
Causes of Receding gums:
- Insufficient dental care - such as inadequate brushing or flossing
- Aggressive tooth brushing - using the wrong technique or simply brushing with too much pressure
- Genetics - some figures suggest 30% of us may be predisposed to gum disease
- Hormones - Particularly for women with big fluctuations during puberty, pregnancy and menopause
- Periodontal Diseases - There are some bacterial conditions that actually destroy the gums
- Acidosis - If your body pH is too low then you are likely to be or become mineral deficient and this is turn may result in gum recession
- Tongue/Lip piercings
If you feel there has been some change in your gums - or you are aware the issue is something that is affecting you then you may want to consider some of the natural tools to assist maintaining healthy gums.
- Brush and floss daily - make sure you use a soft bristle brush and use the correct brushing technique
- If you are a smoker - quit smoking :)
- Practice Oil Pulling - we have spoken about Oil pulling in previous newsletters, but simply gargle and swirl fresh/pure oil(either sesame or coconut)in your mouth for several minutes and then spit it out.
- Avoid brushing too harshly and use a soft brush
- Use a good quality natural mouthwash(but don't be fooled with the toxic coloured products at the supermarket as the use of these has shown to increase your risk of throat cancer)
- Reduce sugar, alcohol, caffeine and highly processed foods
- Clove Essential oil - massage a drop or two into your gums daily for a period of time(note that this is a great remedy for toothache as well)
- Myrrh - The essential oil or resin of Myrrh has some amazing properties, adding it to your brushing by using the resin or if you can get a powdered form that can be made into a paste is the simplest way to use it, you could use it daily
- Drink Green Tea - or take a green tea supplement, the antioxidant catechin can assist with getting rid of periodontal diseases and strengthen the connection between your teeth and gums
- Aloe Vera - In a gel form it can be used orally as a mouth wash or could also be put on your toothbrush for brushing.
- Consider taking a good quality mineral supplement and also Vitamin C
- CoQ10 - CoQ10 has research that indicates it will help strengthen your gums
So with this amazing arsenal on hand there is no excuse for ongoing gum concerns, but as with most things you will need to take responsibility and change the way you have been doing things - remember the old constant - "For things to change, FIRST I must change"
I recall some time ago having a conversation with one of my customers about this topic and she had much pleasure in recalling her most recent Dental checkup. This particular person had a history of poor gum health and was pleased when her dentist told her that her teeth and gums were looking "the best they have for a long time". What was her secret? Over the last 6 months she had been using a combination of the Miessence Toothpaste and Miessence Mouthwash! An excellent combination for overall oral health!
These two products are available here
Whats happening? Come and say Hi! Taupo Wellbeing Fair.
We are back on the road in a small way. We had a successful weekend here in Tauranga with a stand at the Healthy Living Festival and have another "expo" coming up in a couple of weeks.
The Taupo Wellbeing Fair is a new event(we participated last year for its inaugural event) and we will be returning to pick up where we left off.
This will be another chance for those in Taupo to catch up and get a copy of Andy's book(and go in the draw to win a full session with Andy) and also get a hands on experience of the system I use in my clinic known as QRA(Quantum Reflex Analysis).
Any of you Taupo folk reading this that have any special requests - please email or phone to make sure we bring along what you are wanting as we have to be brutal with loading the car with only those things we really need over the two days.
Hope you can make it at some time over the weekend and treat yourself to something special.
COME VISIT US AT THE: TAUPO WELLBEING FAIR 2016
12-13 MARCH, GREAT LAKE CENTRE, 10AM-4PM.
Product Highlights from www.maximumwellbeing.com
To follow from our article above you might want to know a little more about the Miessence Oral Duo.
The Miessence Freshening Mouthwash is an alcohol free natural mixture that includes some beautiful organic essential oils that will not only look after bad breath but will contribute to the overall health of your gums too.
The ingredient list includes:
Organic Aloe Vera juice
Organic Spearmint Oil
Organic Peppermint Oil
Organic Clove Bud Oil
Organic Cinnamon Leaf oil
Organic Myrrh Oil
Organic Thyme extract
Organic Sage extract
As you can see from the list above its a powerhouse of many of the things that are going to really support the health of your gums and keep your breath smelling and feeling fresh.
In the Miessence range there is also a a breath fresh spray that using essentially the same mixture, but in small breath freshening spray bottle. Excellent for in you purse, pocket of bag for giving a shot of freshness at anytime.
To work with the Mouthwash, Miessence have a selection of toothpastes(3 flavours) that all work to not only freshen the breath but support the gums and teeth. The three flavours are Mint, Anise and Lemon. I tend to alter between the Mint and the Anise and find the Lemon a bit of a strange combination - the saltiness and lemon may be OK for some and it has a little of Bentonite Clay that the others don't have so has another property.
The 3 choices are using the same base, with the main active ingredient being bicarbonate of soda, an excellent, gentle cleanser. Like many of the Miessence products its created using Aloe Vera as the first ingredient, unlike many products that use water in their formulations, this is combined with a variety of oils and herbs depending on the particular flavour you go for.
All the Certified Organic Miessence products are here.
Please check us out on Facebook and "like" our page - We share many tips, tools and cool stuff, and keep you updated during the month with some interesting articles and additional snippets of topical information, there is even the odd laugh and some pretty pictures too
Have a look and join in on any conversations that may be rolling:)
This month a video clip on a different angle - pure music magic. If you enjoy the sound of a guitar(as I do) I am sure you will enjoy this rendition of a classic song from my teenage years - sit back, turn your sound up and take a short musical interlude and treat yourself.
What about YouTube?
Hope you enjoy it. Click here to watch the Video.
Health snippets(International News)
Baby products contained Cancer-causing Formaldehyde
This news is a little old, but probably wasn't seen by most when it surfaced originally. Our friends from Johnson & Johnson had been using formaldehyde for years in their No More Tears Baby shampoo - this is an ingredient that has been classified as a carcinogen by the EPA since 1987! The J & J people of course used the same old comment "it is only a small amount and not enough to cause any harm" Where do these creeps get off!
Formaldehyde is of course the same stuff used to embalm bodies and is used in many different products - cleaning solutions, glue, paper products and many more. The thing is that J & J will have been very aware that the product was rated as a carcinogen for years and yet it seems until there was a little scrutiny and pressure they weren't too concerned. But amazingly they found an alternative ingredient without the same disastrous properties.
Taken from www.healthyfoodhouse.com
Thyroid Cancer rampant following Fukushima meltdown.
According to a recent report produced by Fairewinds Energy Education titled "Cancer on the rise in Post-Fukushima Japan" has shown that the incidence of Thyroid cancer following the 2011 disaster has risen to approximately 230 times that of prior 2011! A group of highly regarded Japanese medical professionals produced data showing a direct link between numerous cancers and the meltdown and suggests the end result could mean in excess of one million more cancers over time.
Read more at http://www.fairewinds.org/
Half of ALL Medical Literature is FALSE.
To me its quite disturbing when the current Editor in Chief of one of the most respected peer reviewed medical journals, Dr Richard Horton of - "The Lancet" - makes a public statement declaring that a lot of published research is in fact unreliable at best, if not completely false.
"The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflict of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness"
The biggest concern is that these industry sponsored studies become the basis for the information disseminated to our medical students and staff along with our decision makers who set policy for our government funded health systems.
The words of Dr Horton are echoed by another physician and editor in chief, Dr Marcia Angell whose magazine editor of the New England Medical Journal(NEMJ) and has made her views very clear as well.
"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgement of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I slowly reached over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine"
This sentiment is now well documented and you can find loads more info on the main Lancet website.
DEALs of the MONTH:
Love from Gary and Andy
Andy Pentecost, Transformational Life Coach/Author/Animal Communicator and Gary Beck, Naturopath/Healer
Maximum Wellbeing Clinic
(07) 571 1141